Friday, November 18, 2011

Shit. I mean, poop.

What's worse? Not getting a full night's sleep, or having your baby crap all day long the next day? I can't decide, but losing sleep is starting to sound like the lesser evil of the two. Maybe not getting a full night's sleep is worse for some or most, if you use disposable diapers. But I love our fine planet and do what I can where I can to try and take better care of her, so I have always opted to use cloth diapers for my babies.

This choice also means that I get to clean and wash crappy diapers. I do not mind this. It's quite the norm and worth the money we've saved over the past 3 years and the peace of mind I get from knowing that we're contributing less to our world's disgusting landfill epidemic.

I am honestly more grossed out by garbage diapers than cloth- because I promise you, garbage diapers smell worse and make the crap even grosser to look at. I've used disposables on occasion for whatever reason, and let me just say that I can see why baby poop gets a bad rap. No offense disposable diaper users- that's just my opinion.

I hate hearing people give me shit for using cloth diapers when they have never in fact tried using them before- whereas I have used both disposable and cloth and feel like I have a more balanced opinion. Whatever. It's not a contest. But I still win.

There is no out of sight, out of mind with a cloth diaper. You get first hand accounts of what's going on with your baby's digestive system this way. This is great for being on spot in tuned with how they are feeling because you spend a lot more time with what's in it than if you were to quickly roll up a baby poop disposable burrito and toss it into a Diaper Genie.

Kind of like a crime scene analysis- you see more than you maybe want to see, you get your hands dirty and you have to do a little investigating to get an idea of what is happening.

Anyways, I have a point to all of this shit talking I promise. I'm running out of strategies to try to get Baby Mochi to sleep through the night and I'm about to give up. I'm reluctant to give my babies formula, but on occasion I do. Now, there is nothing wrong with formula- to each mom their own- but I personally only nurse my babies. There is a limit to how much "food" babies can get from you though- since this food does not come from a can or a tin or whatever- and pumping is often more inconvenient and time consuming than what my patience will allow.

Over the past two nights I resorted to having Taylor give her a bottle of formula during Mochi's "dream feed" around 10 p.m. instead of nursing her, hoping that she'll get a little extra calories that she may not be getting from me, perhaps making her fuller longer, maybe allowing her to sleep longer without waking up, therefore allowing me some uninterrupted sleep.

Nope.

She still wakes up. Except now she wakes up sopping wet from the extra fluids and- Ta da! Having crapped herself. So not only am I getting up still, I'm now changing crappy diapers when I'm half asleep. This is not fun. NOT fun- for either of us. I know she isn't enjoying these tummy issues any more than I am.

After about 2 months, my babies don't crap in the night. We like it that way.

Then, the entire next day, she has been pooping all day long. She normally has one decent load a day, but now she has turned into a radioactive crap factory. Her little body likes the formula. She's getting diaper rash on top of it all too.

My poor little sweet sugary cupcake Dream Boat baby has no business being a stinky poopy mess. I feel bad for putting her through this all this shit.

No more formula. I don't want to play chemistry set and experiment with different kinds to see if any work when I have what I know works for her right here (two thumbs pointing in to this gal). This statement is also a p.s. I'm in kind of a crappy mood and in no mood for suggestions!

I give up. I surrender to my baby. I'm at your mercy Baby Mochi! Summon me as you will.

Ok, I'm done talking about shit. I'm sure once Baby Mochi wakes up from her nap here shortly, I'll have plenty of shit to clean so I'll give it a rest for a bit.

But, in other news, I got Jude one of these Gyro Bowls yesterday and it is the shit. I'd get one. They're at Bed, Bath & Beyond. I don't normally review and promote products, but I also don't like cleaning up messes when I don't have to, so I encourage checking this one out. It's pretty great. I'm not shitting you.



LIKE MY BLOG? CLICK BELOW TO VOTE FOR ME!
Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory