Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Fancy Pants

I treated myself to some fancy nail polish today, because I've gotten a little obsessed with butter LONDON nail lacquer. Maybe it's because it's from London and it seems glamorous. Maybe it's because I've been totally sold on their catchy British sounding nail color names (like Union Jack Black, MacBeth and All Hail the Queen). Maybe it's because constantly having baby spit up on my clothing- and add to that, cleaning up preschooler puke for a couple of days- can start to make me feel really frumpy,

Maybe I'm suddenly longing for a little glamour in my life.

Even though I'm so not a glamour girl, I do occasionally like to add little glamourous touches to my unglamorous style... particularly when the frumpiness starts to set in.

It's ridiculous to spend $14 on nail polish- ahem- nail lacquer (so much more glamourous), but I don't buy expensive clothes or unnecessary shoes. I don't get manicures or pedicures nearly as often as I probably should since I walk around barefoot everywhere, inside and outside, driving my car and any other place I can get away with it, leaving me with embarrassingly rough cavewoman feet.

butter LONDON's statement says that they believe in Rock and Roll, Great Britain and Fashion. I believe in Rock and Roll, I like British accents and fashion is something I enjoy wasting time checking out on Pinterest- so this must be the nail lacquer for me, right? Kuddos to their marketing wizard.

I also really like this little tid bit:

*butter LONDON products are formulated without the use of the harmful ingredients like Formaldehyde, Toluene, DBP or Parabens. butter LONDON was the first company to sell non-toxic nail lacquer in the United States.


All the more reason for me to pledge my loyalty.

Choosing one special, frivolously overpriced shade of BUTTER was hard. I wanted to scoop them all up and put them in my purse. But I needed to save some shades for future treats to cure frumpiness and maybe even Christmas goodies if anyone should ask what I might like to have under the tree. Or birthday gifts for when I turn 32 in January and feel old for a day.

I went with the gold- The Full Monty, it's called- and I'm excited about it in a super geeky way. It's little things like this that replenish the mom energy in me. Now when I'm cleaning up baby spit up and puke, I can admire my flashy, glamourous gold nails.



FULL MONTY


THE DARK SIDE COLLECTION 


BABY'S BREATH


KNEES UP